Power Plant Services delivers accuracy, precision and a commitment to engineering excellence
The Parts Manufacturing & Engineering Services Division of PPS has always stayed on the forefront of new and advanced technologies in the field of mechanical engineering. In the hands of our experienced engineers, this tech gathers all the data necessary to manufacture complex mechanical components in the shortest lead time. No matter what engineering services our customers need, our engineers work hard to provide them with custom solutions.
PPS offers the following capabilities:
- Material Testing & Evaluation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Failure Analysis of Steam Turbine Components
- Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE)
- Re-Rates & Upgrades
- Steam Turbine Path Audit
- Steam Turbine Performance Evaluation
- Steam Turbine Components Remaining Life Assessments
Our Engineering Services team at PPS uses different types of CAD/CAM systems to design and develop products to meet our customers’s specifications and intent within all tolerances and advanced precision. Among these software systems and techniques are:
- Geomagic Design X
- GOM Inspect
- ATOS Professional
- Reverse Engineering
Our Reverse Engineering process applies the newest technology, like 3D laser scanners, to capture data points that can produce the most accurate depiction of a part or equipment component. If the sample is worn or damaged, our team can re-engineer the part to match the original design’s intent. Our engineering team uses all of these elements to create new production drawings for our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. PPS has a highly skilled Reverse Engineering and Quality Control teams that work together to provide our customers with parts that are best suited for the application.
Engineering Services Equipment:
- ATOS Triple Scan (Blue Light Scanner)
- FARO Arm Quantum S (White Light Scanner)
- Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Hardness Tester
- Niton Material Analyzer
- Calipers, Micrometers, and Other Hand Tools
On-Site Reverse Engineering:
- Improve lead times by cutting out shipping times
- Complexity of the geometry and size of the part does not matter.
- As long as vibration levels are at a minimum, our engineers and their equipment can reverse engineer anywhere
- Grants you more flexibility compared to the OEM when drawings cannot be located or shared
- Old or new, we can reverse engineer your part
- Obsolete turbine parts and valve parts can be reverse engineered and manufactured quickly, preventing potential delays
- Reverse engineer parts from stock to ensure future support from PPS without needing to ship a sample
Power Plant Services is one of two companies in the power generation industry to offer the on-site reverse engineering of any mechanical component for your steam or gas turbine! By using a Blue Light Scanner attached to a FARO ARM, our experienced engineers can create precise 3D models. To obtain the exact material composition of the part, we use a Niton XL2 General Metal Analyzer. With the drawing and material determined on site, manufacturing can start in our facility the very same day. When you are unable to locate a drawing or don’t have time to send a sample, we can mobilize on-site within 24 hours to start reverse engineering your parts.
To create quality technical manufacturing drawings for our customers, PPS utilizes the 3 F’s of engineering: Form, Fit, & Function
- Form: Develop a plan before the manufacturing process is considered.
- Fit: Determine specific requirements including tolerances, surface finish requirements, and material condition.
- Function: Consider application conditions (temperature, pressure, erosion, etc.) and other parts used in the assemblies.
Contact PPS today at (708) 345-8600 or send us a message to explore your immediate or upcoming project needs.
Power Plant Services’ Headquarters:
3131 W Soffel Ave,
Melrose Park, IL 60160
Phone: (708) 345-8600