Parts: Packing & Seals
Packing & Seals
Power Plant Services has a skilled management team and machinists who have over 100 years of combined experience in manufacturing Packing, Spill Strips, and other related parts for the required Packing and Seals in a Turbine
PPS has dedicated a whole division to Packing and Seals located in Marion, Ohio. This facility covers over 25,000 square feet of space with 17,000 square feet dedicated to the manufacturing floor. In addition, we maintain OEM clearance by replacing worn seals, which improves turbine efficiency and saves on operating costs.
Power Plant Services offers on-site verification of diameters prior to manufacturing, which ensures replacement parts arrive on-site meeting specifications. Once components arrive on-site, our highly skilled field machinists will properly install your new parts.
Our Packing and Seals services offer the following capability features and benefits:
- Capability to manufacture Packing Rings of any sized diameter with any tooth configuration, dovetail, & width.
- Manufacture new & rebuild components for all OEMs
- Over $1 million in raw materials stock for Packing & Seals, including 409/410/422 Stainless Steel, Grade F-22/A387 Steel, Nickel, Silver, & Bronze.
- Engineering team uses CAD/CAM services to Reverse Engineer & recreate clearances to properly restore the rotational & stationary part clearance & thermal performance.
- Improving turbine efficiency & saving on operating cost by replacing worn Seals.
- Custom on-site Seal installation using our portable machine shop with CNC equipment for custom fit Seals to maintain design clearance.
Contact PPS today at (708) 345-8600 or send us a message to explore your immediate or upcoming project needs.
About Power Plant Services
Founded in 1998, Power Plant Services has played an important role in our core markets of Power Generation, Utilities and related industrial sectors. PPS offers customers an extensive range of parts manufacturing, which extend into Pulp & Paper, Refineries and Steel Mill industries. In addition, we are a premier provider of turnkey solutions for these industries—ensuring our customers’ equipment availability, while helping them extend their operational lifetime.